5 Natural Wonders for Healthier Skin
1. Éminence Organic SkinCare Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher, $46 DermStore in Hermosa Beach 310-526-0008, dermstore.com Founded in 1958 in Budapest, Hungary, Éminence is a family-owned business that still hand-picks and prepares all of their biodynamically and organically certified products. One of their best-loved items, this gentle exfoliant designed for all skin types offers […]
- Written byMichele Garber
1. Éminence Organic SkinCare Pear & Poppy Seed Microderm Polisher, $46
DermStore in Hermosa Beach310-526-0008, dermstore.com
Founded in 1958 in Budapest, Hungary, Éminence is a family-owned business that still hand-picks and prepares all of their biodynamically and organically certified products. One of their best-loved items, this gentle exfoliant designed for all skin types offers an array of potent ingredients and antioxidants to soothe and smooth skin while minimizing pores and promoting absorption of anti-aging properties.
2. Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist, $34
Planet Beauty in Manhattan Beach310-643-6105, planetbeauty.com
For more than 25 years, Jurlique has been making skin care products from organic and biodynamic herbs, flowers and plants, many grown on their own biodynamic farm in Australia’s Adelaide Hills. Jurlique devotees rave about this unique blend of rose, aloe vera and grapefruit seed that hydrates, soothes and refreshes the skin while restoring balance and providing antioxidant protection.
3. Darphin 8-Flower Nectar, $150
Apothecary Beauty Boutique in Rolling Hills Estates310-541-5500, apothecarybeauty.com
Essential oils with all of their immeasurable benefits are now one of the hottest trends in personal care for the face, body and even hair. Darphin, a line developed 50 years ago by a Parisian kinesiotherapist, is best known for its essential oil elixirs. This 8-Flower Nectar, rich with antioxidants, leaves skin smoother with a supple, glowing radiance, while its exquisite fragrance doubles as relaxing aromatherapy.
4. Infusion Organique Hand and Body Lotion, $20
Tabula Rasa Essentials in Manhattan Beach310-318-3385, tabularasamb.com
Manhattan Beach-based Infusion Organique offers a line of home fragrance and personal care products in four distinct scent profiles, all made locally in El Segundo. Their hand and body lotion, infused with organic shea butter, jojoba, lemongrass oil and coconut oil, heals and moisturizes the skin, while the exotic fragrances delight the senses.
5. Dr. Hauschka MooR Lavender Body Oil, $28.95
Beauty Loops in Redondo Beach310-944-9400, beautyloops.com
One of the world’s original organic skin care brands, all the ingredients in the Dr. Hauschka line are 100% natural, and the majority are grown biodynamically, organically or ethically wild-harvested. A celeb favorite, the lavender oil not only soothes, calms and protects the skin, it also reduces the appearance of varicose veins.