New Year New Bathroom
Enter to win a $17,000 bathroom makeover by Custom Design & Construction!
Win a $17,000 Bathroom Makeover by
- No purchase is necessary to participate in this contest, and you do not have to submit to a sales presentation. Void where prohibited by law, rule, or regulation.
- One entry per person. Contest is open to legal residents of California age 18 years and older. By entering to win, you will occasionally receive emails from Southbay Magazine and Custom Design & Construction, which you can opt out of at any time. Winners will be notified by phone on February 2, 2017. This contest starts at 10:00 a.m. (PST) on January 6, 2017 and ends at 12:00 p.m. (PST) on January 30, 2017. The sponsors of this contest are Moon Tide Media (the “Company”) and Custom Design & Construction. The contest shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, all contestants agree to abide and be bound by the terms and conditions herein and the decisions of the Sponsors. Certain restrictions may apply.
- This contest is sponsored by Custom Design & Construction (“Company”), 2001 E. Mariposa Avenue, El Segundo, California 90245 and Moon Tide Media, 200 N. Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo, California 90245.
- Company will award one (1) Grand Prize at the end of the prize period. The prize period begins on Wednesday, January 6, 2017 Pacific Time, and ends on January 30, 2017, 2017 pm Pacific Time. Company’s computer shall be the official time-keeping device for this contest. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is determined by the number of entries received prior to the time of the prize drawing. Company reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate this contest without notice at any time. Entries that are lost, late, illegible, or incomplete for any reason will not be eligible. All prizes will be awarded.
- The Grand Prize winner may select the following installed remodeling products for their existing bathroom: (1) professional design of space by Company, (2) professional painting of remodeled room, (3) up to a 50 square foot CAMBRIA® natural stone countertop, (4) $500 credit at Fergusons, (5) $150 in Emtek Bathroom Hardware from Alpine Door & Trim, (6) $250 toward a bath light fixture with Lightopia, and (7) $10,000 in list price of Kohler products. The Grand Prize winner may only select products for an existing bathroom. The odds of winning the Grand Prize is determined by the number of entries received prior to the time of the Grand Prize drawing. The maximum retail value of the Grand Prize is $17,000 including the cost of labor. The cash value of the Grand Prize is $17,000 including the cost of labor. Any costs in excess of the stated maximum retail value for a prize shall be the sole and exclusive responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. All expenses not specifically provided for are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner.
- Demolition of the work area and installation must be provided by Custom Design & Construction’s personnel or designee. The Grand Prize does not include any of the following: permits or other governmental authorizations, engineering, electrical, plumbing, framing, dry wall, glazing, cabinetry, HVAC, windows, doors, cabinet hardware, and/or cleanup. The address listed on each entry form must be an eligible address as provided for in Section 7 of these Official Rules and must be the address where any product will be installed or where any services are rendered. The Grand Prize winner’s home must be in suitable condition for installation (g., plumbing and electric in compliance with local building codes and regulations, no water, mold, structural damage). Any waterproofing, remediation or other repairs necessary for proper installation (as deemed by Company or its designees in their sole discretion) must be performed at the Grand Prize winner’s expense prior to installation. The Grand Prize winner must arrange for prize installation no later than one (1) month following the award of the prize and installation must occur and be completed within six (6) months of confirmed notification. Installation of the Grand Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of Company’s standard installation guidelines. Acceptance of the Grand Prize may require entering into a standard contract or purchase order for the goods and services to be provided, as required by state law.
- The Grand Prize random drawing will be conducted on February 2, 2017. Representatives from Moon Tide Media will conduct the drawing; the contest judges will make all final decisions in any and all issues related with this contest. The potential winners will be notified by telephone or by email using the information provided in the entry form by end of business on February 2, 2017. A winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if (1) a winner cannot be contacted/does not respond by 12:00 p.m. (PST) on February 3, 2017; (2) a winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (3) a winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (4) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined.
- Entrants may enter this contest by entering online at www.oursouthbay.com. No more than one (1) entry per household is allowed. Company is not responsible for any illegible, misplaced, damaged, or late entries. In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the winning home is titled.
- Contest entrants must (a) be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the time of entering into this contest and (b) own their own home that is within one of the zip codes listed in the chart below. Employees, officers, and directors of Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, co-branded partners, consultants, contractors, advertising, public relations, promotion, fulfillment and marketing agencies, and their immediate families (and those living in their same households) are not eligible to participate in this contest.
- No transfers, substitution in prizes, or cash will be allowed except by Company, who may substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole or absolute discretion. Upon delivery of the Grand Prize, Company will be deemed to have awarded the prize to the Grand Prize winner with the Grand Prize winner assuming full ownership and responsibility for the prize.
- The Grand Prize winner must comply with all instructions in the prize notification correspondence, including the completion of an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release, and return both within fourteen (14) days of the date on the prize notification correspondence, as well as have met all of the eligibility requirements set forth within these Official Rules; otherwise the Grand Prize will be forfeited and an alternative prize winner will be selected. Acceptance or use of the Grand Prize constitutes permission for Company and its affiliates to photograph and/or video the awarding of the Grand Prize and for Company to use the Grand Prize winner’s name and award photographs/video for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation, unless otherwise prohibited by law. Liability for any applicable taxes, including all federal, state, and local taxes and/or other fees that may apply to prizes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Any required tax reporting forms will be furnished to the Internal Revenue Service and applicable state tax agencies.
- By participating in this contest, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, and hold harmless Company, its affiliates, co-branded partners, subsidiaries, retailers, agencies, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents, from any damages that may arise out of participation in this contest in any way or out of the use of the Grand Prize. By entering into this contest, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, or controversies (hereafter referred to as a “Claim”) arising under or relating to this contest, including the validity or enforceability of this arbitration provision, shall be subject to binding arbitration to be determined by one (1) arbitrator, in accordance with and pursuant to the then prevailing Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), to be held and arbitrated in the judicial district in which the entrant lives at the time of his or her entering into this contest. Each entrant agrees that he or she will not assert a Claim on behalf of, or as a member of, any group or class. The findings of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on all parties. Each party shall be responsible for its own fees and costs. This agreement to arbitrate, and any award or verdict will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of the demand for arbitration will be filed by the party asserting the Claim with AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the Claim in question has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such Claim would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. Any arbitration proceeding and any award or verdict shall remain confidential between the parties and shall not be made public.
- By entering this contest, contestants agree to allow use of their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on entry form, in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television and for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by Sponsors and their respective affiliates, without additional compensation.
Winners acknowledge that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any of the prize items, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items.
- For a winners’ list, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope within thirty (30) days following the end of the prize period, including a request for the winners’ names, to “New Year New Bathroom Contest”, 200 N. Sepulveda Blvd, El Segundo, California 90245.
- This contest is conducted in English, which will be given its everyday ordinary meaning. The laws of the United States of America govern this contest with venue in Los Angeles County, California, United States.